Re: TR3 rack and pinion conversion again

To: kengano@advant.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3 rack and pinion conversion again
From: Gerhard.Wiederholl@t-online.de (Gerhard Wiederholl)
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 20:37:33 +0200
Hello Ken,

I found  an ad for a rack and pinion conversion kit in our recent Triumph club
magazin.  I noticed that the kit has been impoved since I saw the ad the first
time and they state that it now:

needs no service after fitting
can be used with original horn and direction indicator equipment
can be used with a adjustibe steering shaft
can be used with original fan or electric-fan
needs no modifications on frame and body

One of our club members tried it out and he wrote an article about it. As I
remember he stated that steering became very easy and that he liked the
possibility to put back the original parts any time he likes (all bolted on).

The company is called:

Car Trim Handels- und Service-Gesellschaft für klassische Automobile und Teile
mbH,
In der Lei 19a,
65527 Niedernhausen
Germany

Tel. XX (0) 6128/73512    XX ...country code for Germany to find out
Fax. XX (0) 6128/73513    0.....omit when calling from outside Germany

No financial interest as usual.

Regards

Gerhard Wiederholl, Germany