Cracks in Engine casting

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Cracks in Engine casting
From: "Amatruda, Andy" <aamatruda@email.mc.ti.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 19:30:09 -0400
While in the process of rebuilding the engine on my 1967 TR4A the machine shop
calls to let me know that one of the cast webs between the liners is cracked.
Apparently after a good bake out and shot blast the crack shows up really well.
 The shop wants to know if this is a common occurrence with Triumph blocks as
it might not be an issue unless the liners are not held securely anymore as a
result.  I thought I remembered some one on the list talking about this topic
and saying it's common, but that could be wishful thinking on my part.  Any
comments......

Andy Amatruda
1967 TR4A
CTC72209