Cracks in Engine casting

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Cracks in Engine casting
From: "Amatruda, Andy" <aamatruda@email.mc.ti.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 10:42:49 -0400
While in the process of rebuilding the engine on my 1967 TR4A the machine shop
calls to let me know that one of the cast webs in the block (between cylinders
2 and 3 I think)is cracked.  Apparently after a good bake out and shot blast
the crack shows up really well.  The shop wants to know if this is a common
occurrence with Triumph blocks as it might not be an issue unless the liners
are not held securely anymore as a result.  I thought I remembered some one on
the list talking about this topic and saying it's common, but that could be
wishful thinking on my part.  Any comments from the list?......

Andy Amatruda
1967 TR4A
CTC72209