Re: Solved: TR 6 upper fulcrum pin

To: canada@voyageronline.net
Subject: Re: Solved: TR 6 upper fulcrum pin
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 23:45:56 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< Just got off the phone with Dave at the Roadster Factory and he confirms
 that the upper fulcrum pins for a TR 4 through 6 mount the opposite way
 you would expect--the concave side points toward the engine, not around
 the damper housing as it was actually designed to do.  The TRF parts
 manual does show this, but not clearly enough to risk another teardown.

 Thanks to Chris, Andy and Fred for the quick feedback.

 Ian CF57345U

 On 09/22/98 12:25 PM canada said...

 >Listers--
 >
 >When bolting the upper fulcrum pins to the frame above the coil spring
 >housing, there appears to be two ways to orient them:  "flat" side out or
 >"concave" side out.  Does anyone know which way is correct?
 >
 >The only pieces I've taken off that I didn't diagram (so far).
 >
 >Thanks.
 >
 >Ian  CF57345U

Dave Who?
I just checked my TR4 manual and it pretty clearly shows the upper fulcrum pin
mounted so the concave portion faces out toward the wheel. I harken back to
times past and dimly recall installing one of these the opposite way and not
being able to mount the shock.
I think something got lost in the translation from English to English here.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4
(all w/ upper fulcrum pin concave side out)