Re: Solved: TR 6 upper fulcrum pin

To: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Subject: Re: Solved: TR 6 upper fulcrum pin
From: "Dr. Robert Carley" <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 10:20:08 -0400
Cc: canada@voyageronline.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I hate to wade in here, but....

 A few months ago (or was it years?) I asked a similar question re: orientation
of
upper fulcrum pins.  I received a number of replies from the list, and I also
checked with local LBC owners, garages and mechanics.  I asked TRF, Moss, etc.,
and checked as many Triumph publications as I could find.

The consensus was that there is no consensus.  I received almost an equal number
of replies for the fulcrum pin facing one way, as for the other.   Even people
who
believed they had original, untouched cars, gave me differing answers, based on
visual examination of their own cars.  I'm sure there was some set way of
orienting these pins when the cars came from the factory, but none of my sources
were able to confirm that.

They can be attached either way.  Eventually, I tried attaching the pins both
ways, doing a visual check of camber, and then settling on one way.  I can't
even
remember now which way I did attach them.

I don't believe you will find an  answer to this question.

Robert Carley
73 TR6