Re: Request for advice and Help

To: J Thomas Rippel <JTRippel@csi.com>
Subject: Re: Request for advice and Help
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 09:00:31 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Thomas:
Good luck with this project. My first comment would be that your estimate
for time may be a bit agressive, especially if the body shop decides to
take their time. Beyond that, I can offer the following from my own
experience:

Order in advance all the parts and rebuild kits you expect to use. This
will allow you to work on components and sub-assemblies at your leisure.
Plan to replace all the soft parts in the hydraulics, i.e hoses and seals.

Methodically bag and label everything during disassembly. Your memory is
not very good. Taking photographs is an excellent idea.

Secure any manuals you can get your hands on. Get a copy of Bill Piggot's
"Original Triumph TR2/3/4" which will tell you what the car should look
like when done.

Don't cut corners on your own work. It is much easier to do the job right
and spend a bit more time and money up front.

Stay tuned to this List. It is without question the greatest resource in
this endeavor.

Expect to spend over $10K on this project. No joke.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (21 year owner)

Life is short; play dumb.