Re: What's this for?

To: Keith McGahan <keithmcgahan@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: What's this for?
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 08:49:06 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Keith McGahan wrote:

> I just recieved the complete TR4 panel replacement kit from Moss. Along
> with all the paneling came a roll of vinyl. Because the previous owner
> removed all of the paneling I have know idea what I am suppose to use
> the fabric for and of course it came with no direction.Am I suppose to
> use this to cover something? Thanks

Either you are the lucky recipient of a shipping mistake (is it a whole
roll?) or else you've got the boot cover.

Is it just flat vinyl, or is there stitching or curves in it?

The boot cover (squab cover) covers up the hoodsticks (soft top frame)
when they are folded down.  It stays on the car permanent-like.  I'm
pretty sure it's held on by the lift-the-dot-studs-trim at the rear.

If you have a surrey top then maybe you can't use it.

Also, if you have a retrofit TR4A or TR6 top then you also can't use it.

If I remember correctly, I think there are 3 pieces to the boot cover; one
flat one for the middle, and two "triangular" ones for the sides.

If the piece o' vinyl is roughly the same width as the flat area in the
rear of the cockpit, then that's where it goes.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm