Re: (no subject)

To: Windoseat@aol.com
Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 05:52:14 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Windoseat@aol.com wrote:

> Michael;
>
> Thanks for the information. I have the removal of the hard undercoating from
> the exterior of the frame figured out. In fact I've become quite an expert at
> it since the whole engine compartment is covered with he stuff. My problem is,
> how to get it out of the INTERIOR of the frame. As you say, the cracks are a
> haven for salt and corrosion and that is my concern. If I can't get the
> undercoating out of the interior of the frame there is no telling what might
> be going on inside. Any ideas on removing this stuff???
>
> Greg Wolf
> 1970 GT6+ "Ian"
> A2, Michigan

Greg, is not the purpose of undercoat to prevent rust, so why do you want
to remove it, its doing its job, you remove it then you are going to have
to replace it again after you have let the rust get a new start from all
the chemicals and water, moisture etc. that you will be using. I have a
1970 V/W Karman-Ghia that the PO had Z-Barted 20 years ago, and to this
day no rust on this car, so why would I remove it. If the U/C is in place
in the frame and looks heavy enough don't you create a problem that has
been solved for you years ago. Just my .02