re: TR headlights

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Linda Long (IM) <LLong@Kollmorgen.com>
Subject: re: TR headlights
From: "Shawn Loseke" <SLoseke@vines.ColoState.EDU>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 98 8:17:58 -0600
Those headlights are optional on many newer European cars. They are Xenon
gas discharge lights. I haven't heard of any units that might fit our TR's.
If you find some please let me know.

Shawn
-------------
Original Text
From: "Linda Long (IM)" <LLong@Kollmorgen.com>, on 9/28/98 5:19 PM:
Listers,
The time has come to replace the headlights on my TR4 (The thought going
through the eight-point buck's mind as I bear down on him at 65mph is
probably...."yeah right").  I recall a thread a few months ago about a
new type of headlight unit out that creates a more piercing "white or
blue/white" light...rather than the typical dim "yellowish" light.  I
think I have seen these lights on newer Mercedes.  Does anyone have
experience with these lights, what are they called and where are they
available.  I think the tread said they were available mail-order from
an outfit in Baltimore.

TIA

Tom Long
    "It's better to burn out than to rust"