RE: TR headlights

To: "'Linda Long (IM)'" <LLong@Kollmorgen.com>
Subject: RE: TR headlights
From: gbuck@pinnaclegrp.com (Gordon Buck)
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 10:01:13 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Tom,
I believe the lights you are referring to are called Hight Intensity Discharge
(HID) lights or something to that effect.  Car and Driver did a comparison test
on lighting systems a few months back and included a BMW with that option.
Rated very high.  I did happen to see such an after-market system offered
through J.C. Whitney (of all places).  Not cheap.  They wanted $1,200 for it.
Maybe in time cost will come down.  At that price it's a little steep for me.
Don't know of any other places that sell them, but I'm sure there must be some.
 Best of luck.

Gordon Buck
Sultan, Washington
71 TR6  CC62806