Replacing TR3 Floors, Advice requested

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Replacing TR3 Floors, Advice requested
From: Gbouff@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 18:38:28 EDT
I have finally finished most of the summer "honey do" projects.  Now I can get
back into my TR3 project.  The next phase is replacing the floors.
I am planning on cutting out the old floors while leaving a lip to position
and weld the new floor.  As far as welding, I saw another TR3 on which the
owner drilled 3/8" holes every 1.5" on the floor flange and welded the hole
edges to the body, much like spot welding.  It was done very neatly and
appeared to be quite strong.  Has anyone ever done this, or is this overkill?
Any opinions or advice on the above is greatly appreciated.  Also please
advise me of any pitfalls to avoid during this process.

Thanks in advance,
Gary Bouffard
TS 58399