Hello

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Hello
From: richard jackson <richard.jackson@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 13:56:27 +0000
Afternoon everyone,

  Having recently joined the list(today) I'm just wondering if anyone
can tell more about a car I have acquired, I found the car in a very
sorry state in a barn in France(in the La Sarthe region), the farmer I
bought it from was trying to convince me that it once raced at Le Mans
around 1965(yeah, as if!!), it's an appox 1965 Spit, but the body work
all appears to be made from aluminium, the bonnet has been changed to a
strange looking one with faired in headlamps, also the bumpers are all
missing and it is fitted with a strange set of alloy wheels, the major
body change though is a fast back style roof that has been fitted aswell
as racing roundels as if numbers had at one time been fitted.
Unfortunately the rear corner has recieved a bit of a knock at some time
and has been crudely repaired.
  Inside there isn't a great deal left of the original interior and the
gearbox cover is missing, now, the gearbox doesn't resemble a
traditional Spit gearbox, but looks more like a TR type box.  OK, now
onto the engine, this is a weird one, the car has Webbers fitted,
although I don't think it is to a Triumph cylinder head, as instead
having 5 ports it has 8, and looks as though it is made from a type of
alloy???

Now have I just wasted 500 quid on some French farmers bas*ard mobile,
or do I now own a piece of automotive history?

Regards.

Rich