Re: Hello

Subject: Re: Hello
From: richard jackson <richard.jackson@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 16:40:00 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

"Michael D. Porter" wrote:

> Rich, yes, I'm afraid to say that you've wasted your money on what
> sounds to be a cobbled-up mess. It's going to cost you thousands to put
> the bodywork right and bring the drivetrain back to stock, showable
> condition.

Oh no, Oh well I can always weigh in the scrap aluminium bodywork to try and
get some of my cash back!! :-)

> However, there is a Joe Curry on the list who is contemplating a similar
> project of his own with a leftover Spitfire, and he might take it off
> your hands for a couple of hundred (US dollars, not pounds). And, if
> he's not interested, I might buy it from you for parts and pay the
> shipping.

What I'll do is sell it to the Gypo's up the road for scrap, they might give
me 30 squidlys for it if I lucky!!

> !!!Howya doin', Rich--broken any good front uprights lately?!!!

Nope, all systems go, although I have had a rear bearing go in the summer,
and knackered the shaft getting the hub off! :-( although luckily I had a
spare, this is why Johnny Storm saw me drivin' a Mini of dubious origin in
the summer!!! Much better handling the old Mini..........if you don't mind
shi*ting your kidney out when you get home!!! :-)  The poor old girl is
starting to suffer a bit of chassis rot at the front though, it failed the
MOT initially on 4 small bits, then I found a fifth when the jack went
through the bottom as I jacked it up to repair it!!!!  I just wanna see it
get to 100,000 on the clock, it's already at 93,000+, and it was on 7,700
when I started using it in Dec '93.

There is a bit of a history about my verticle links at

http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~timr/triumph/triumphs.htm

if anyone cares for a laugh.

Cheerio, still got a load of emails to read before I go home.

Rich