Electric cooling fans

To: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electric cooling fans
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 13:27:14 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Whoops!  Thanks, Michael Porter for reminding me of the obvious.  The switch
can't go at the top.  It won't do any good.

Jack
------------------------
I am in the process of converting my TR3A to an electric fan.  I am unsure
about the best place to put the thermostatic switch.  I will be using a
modern switch (18mm threaded?).  I am considering putting it in either the
bottom or top of the radiator or possibly the steel coolant pipe which runs
up from the bottom of the radiator up to the block.

Who's already done this?  What did you do? What temp range did you use?

Also, has anyone ever found a fan shroud combination which will fit a TR3
radiator and not force me to use an alternator?

TIA,

Jack
TS69032L
NJ car show: http://pages.hotbot.com/family/triumph