Power Upgrades

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Power Upgrades
From: "Kim and Kelly Alford" <alfords@seanet.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 08:01:25 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
I've been reading the comments regarding increasing HP. (Excuse me while I
put on my bullet proof vest), I'm surprised no one mentioned Nitrous Oxide
injection.  If you want lots of instant horses for not a lot of money,
(until you break many parts), it's the way to go.  Actually, a
conservatively set up system used for very brief periods of acceleration
isn't that hard on a strong stock-built engine and drive train.  Just bolt
on the nozzle blocks under the carbs, put in an electric fuel pump, mount
the bottle in the trunk, hook up hoses, and instant HP for about $400.
Electronic ignition, hot coil, header, and good low restriction exhaust are
always worthwhile upgrades too.

Kelly D. Alford
71 TR6