Getting a flywheel off (TR6)

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Getting a flywheel off (TR6)
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 11:08:51 -0700
 I'm in the midst of replacing my clutch and I need to replace a leaking rear
main engine seal. This morning I've been trying to get the flywheel off but I'm
having trouble getting the engine to bind on something so it doesnt turn over.
I've tried tightening the alternator belt and putting rags in the pulleys to
make it bind. No Luck there.  I also tried putting one of the clutch bolts back
into the flywheel and putting a wrench on it and letting it bind on the dowel
but the wrench keeps popping off. To get the flywheel bolts off I'm using a
long torque wrench and hitting it with a rubber mallet(in what little swing
space I have under the car.

Any help on binding the engine so it won't tunr over would be greatly
appreciated.

Join 18 million Eudora users by signing up for a free Eudora Web-Mail account
at http://www.eudoramail.com