Re: Anti-sieze

To: Desenberg1@cs.com
Subject: Re: Anti-sieze
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 22:24:20 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Wed, 1 Sep 1999 Desenberg1@cs.com wrote:

> I know enough not to put anti-sieze on the
> manifold end of things (and to put LOTS on the other end), but I don't
> want to break anything when winding in the new studs
>
> Just curious, Why not put anti-sieze on the end that screws into the head?

So that it gets stuck... but on re-thinking that, I think I'll go with
Geo's reasoning, and avoid breaking (another) stud.  After all, it won't
undo by itself (I'm going to put lockwashers on too), so there's really no
worry.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm