Re: flickering AMP gauge needle on TR250

To: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Subject: Re: flickering AMP gauge needle on TR250
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 20:22:23 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@autox.team.net>, AKATR5@aol.com
On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Tony Gordon wrote:

> >The Symptoms:   Needle on AMP gauge in dash flickers from side to side while
> >the ignition/"no charge" light in speedo gauge flickers on and off.

I would try isolating the ammeter (remove it from the system and jump the
connections to each other- if the charge lamp doesn't flicker, then it's
an internal short within the ammeter.  (make sure the screw terminals on
the back aren't touching the body of the gauge)

I haven't been following this thread, hope I'm not rehashing anything.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm