Re: flickering AMP gauge needle on TR250

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: flickering AMP gauge needle on TR250
From: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 23:31:44 -0400
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@autox.team.net>, AKATR5@aol.com, 6 Pack Digest <6packlist@mfasco.com>ca>
Malcolm,

An interesting thought ... and apart from an afternoon of wreastling under
the dash, one that must be worth trying.  I wonder if AKATR5 is willing to
try this one first.

Here's hoping

Tony Gordon

At 20:22 9/6/99 -0700, Malcolm Walker wrote:
>On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Tony Gordon wrote:
>
>> >The Symptoms:   Needle on AMP gauge in dash flickers from side to side
while
>> >the ignition/"no charge" light in speedo gauge flickers on and off.
>
>I would try isolating the ammeter (remove it from the system and jump the
>connections to each other- if the charge lamp doesn't flicker, then it's
>an internal short within the ammeter.  (make sure the screw terminals on
>the back aren't touching the body of the gauge)
>
>I haven't been following this thread, hope I'm not rehashing anything.
>
>-Malcolm

   Anthony Gordon                       Technology Education Coordinator
   Saginaw Public Schools               tel: 1-517-797-4855
   ISDC, 1505 Ottawa Blvd               fax: 1-571-797-4778
   Saginaw, MI 48602, USA               email: tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us