Re: union-jack

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: union-jack
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 15:35:58 -0700
Fred Thomas wrote:

> Listers, why is the Brit flag called a = Union-Jack =, I had this asked of
> me this a.m. and had no answer, but, sure would like to know.  "FT"

Hmmmm... this was the monthly auto quiz question in our club newsletter --
just arrived Saturday.  Seems like quite a coincidence but since the club is
in Tucson and ISTR Fred being in the other "Sunshine State" perhaps it is just
by chance.

Actually the whole question was on the origin of the flag and the three
persons represented, with the bonus being the derivation of the term "Union
Jack".

Kai's answer thoughtfully addesses the whole question.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A