Solid State Fuel Pump

To: "Kramer, Cosmo" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Solid State Fuel Pump
From: kramer <ebk@buffnet.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 09:00:34 -0500
Cc: wghook@earthlink.net
>Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 08:40:50 +0000
>From: William Hook <wghook@earthlink.net>
>Subject: Solid State Fuel Pump

> Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 14:29:40 -0500
> From: kramer
> Subject: Solid State Fuel Pump
>

> >My TR3A had an electric fuel pump in place when I bought -- think the first
> thing I did was get rid of it and install a mechanical pump.  I'm not
> really
> a stickler for originality but the noise, though not loud, was IMO an
> annoying reminder that all was not as it was meant to be..
>
> Geo Hahn

I did the same thing on my 57 TR3.   My main concern though, was to
eliminate as much extra electrical load as possible and the thought of
having *The Prince* pumping gas  had me a bit nervous.  I left the
electric pump in place and put easy conects on the cut wire so I could
easily turn it on to fill the carb bowls after the car had sat for a
long time or in an emergency.

Bill Hook,  Rookie w/ 57 TR3
Hi Bill!
        I've been mis-quoted AGAIN. 1st: I don't own a TR3 [never did]. I did
use another person's "quote" as a clearification of the subject content,
but I went on asking a question about using it [electric fuel pump] as a
"stand-by" in case of an emergancy.
        I'm not angry at you Bill or trying to flame or be little you. I'm just
trying to clearife (sp) the record. This has been the second time that
I've been mis-quoted by my writtings within the past month.[not by you
only]
        Thank you for understanding.
-Cosmo Kramer