RE: TR4 Made By Honda?

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 Made By Honda?
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 18:13:23 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"

Ok I'll take the bait...

I am by no means a Honda fan nor a fan of any Japanese car, but why the
above statement? All you need to do is look at Honda's record in racing
(especially at the highest level -- F1, both in the 60s and 80s) and realize
they have tons more "sports" heritage that Triumph ever did or will have.

Granted Honda's heritage is nowhere near that of Ferrari but still, compared
to Triumph they have achieved a lot more.

Obligatory Triumph content: while driving my TR6 800 miles through the Rocky
mountains recently, I spotted about 10 of the S2000s making their way in
formation from the west coast of Canada to eastern Canada. They look sort of
interesting but I'll still take a European sports car any day (preferably
Italian, or at least German :-) ).

--- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO ---