Re: TR4 Made By Honda?

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu>, "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>, <WBabbitt@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Made By Honda?
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 22:24:22 -0500
> From: Kai M. Radicke <kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu>

> Hmm, my TR6 makes just as much torque as the S2000.

Yes it does, and about 135 less HP from 1/2 liter more displacement.

> I think it is ugly, and over-hyped.  Honda can build a car that they
claim
> to be a sports car, but it still wears the Honda name tag, and there is
> nothing sporty about that.

It may be ugly and over-hyped, but if you read the road tests, it is plenty
sporty. I love my TR's and wouldn't trade them even up for an S2000. Maybe
if TRiumph still existed, they would be building cars like this. But they
don't and they aren't.

There are exciting cars being made today, and it doesn't matter whose name
is on the fenders. Accept it.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
TR4A CT52499 VSCDA Group 2 #58