Re: TR4 Made By Honda?

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>, "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Made By Honda?
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 20:39:40 -0400
> Ok I'll take the bait...
>
> I am by no means a Honda fan nor a fan of any Japanese car, but why the
> above statement? All you need to do is look at Honda's record in racing
> (especially at the highest level -- F1, both in the 60s and 80s) and
realize
> they have tons more "sports" heritage that Triumph ever did or will have.

Don't tell me that the name Honda doesn't evoke images of your daily commute
to work or the grocery store parking lot, or perhaps the used car lot in
your town.  Honda may participate in motor sports, but that again doesn't
make their corporate appearance any more sportier.

Honda is still a player in F1, with it's SuperTec engine...  then agian they
make lawn mower engines also.

As for Triumph, well the word Triumph just brings to mind winning,
overcoming, beating... etc.  Coupled with the reputation it's sportscars
have and hold, well the Triumph name is truely one that stands for sports
car.

Now, if anyone wants to see a real sports car. (or tourer in some of your
minds); I suggest a look at the new BMW Z9 concept car.  And unlike the
S2000, the Z9 makes some incredible torque (most likely low in the rev
range), due to it's 3.9L diesel engine.  The styling is also very sleek and
handsome.

http://www.topgear.com/news/

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu