RE: Steering wheels

To: ": Anjison@aol.com" <Anjison@aol.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: RE: Steering wheels
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 21:02:56 -0400
That would be me.  I used super thin cyanoacrylate glue (from a hobby
shop).

I loaded it into a syringe. It would be best to suck it up the needle
rather
than pour it in the back and THEN install the plunger.  It makes a hell
of a mess that way.  Since my bottle was low, I had no other option.

Once the syringe is full, I inserted the 18 gauge needle obliquely through
the rubber cover until I hit metal.  I had the bevel facing the metal so
the
glue would flow toward the metal.  I injected 1cc every couple inches
or so.  I then left it alone (no testing the strength!!) for a day in a
warm place.
I then picked off the tiny bleeds out of the injection hole.  BTW, the
entry sites
were on the inner backside of the wheel so the marks would be less
noticeable.

I can tell you more if you need it!!!

-Tony
ARhodes@compuserve.com