Re: HEAT

To: fergie@ntplx.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HEAT
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 13:42:41 EDT
In a message dated 99-09-20 16:59:18 EDT, fergie@ntplx.net writes:

<< It's a 25'x25' detached, uninsulated garage and I'd like to be able to
 get it into the 50s/60's if I can do it for a reasonable price.
 Kerosene? Propane? Wood stove? Cost? Efficiency? BTUs for about 9000 cu
 ft? Radiant? Forced air? Any and all suggestions welcome. As always,
 thanks very much for your time. >>

Michael,

Last year while constructing my 14'x24' detached garage, I used my Corona
kerosene heater (something like 20,000+ BTUs if I recall correctly) inside to
take the chill off while cutting vinyl siding, alum trim, etc.  My garage is
also uninsulated.  I was able to stay downright toasty (definition - I could
work very easily with only a thermal sweatshirt and no gloves) on days when
it was in the 30's outside....kerosene is cheap, the heater puts out heat
very quickly and the newer heaters don't smell at all!

Good luck,

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (Being Reborn For Y2K)
'70 Spitfire Mk3 FDU78512L