RE: TR4 Gear Box Rebuild : Churchhill Tools

To: "Will Daehler" <wdaehler@execpc.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 Gear Box Rebuild : Churchhill Tools
From: philpatt@kalamazoo.net
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 00:24:45 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
> The tricky part is justifying the $99 circlip remover and the $99
> circlip installer.  Seems a bit outrageous, but they may be worth it if
> they came with a guarantee that's really all I'll need to be successful.

Ouch.  I'd plan on replacing the circlip, and a pair of small flat
screwdrivers will do the trick.

My Dad & I recently replaced the 1st gear countershaft (which I blew a tooth
off of with some real hard compression braking after dragging my friends
MGA.  We didn't use anything special except a modified puller to get the
rear crankcase housing off.  Oh, and this was a '56 TR3 gearbox.  Just
screwdrivers, the table top vise, etc.

Hope that's helpful.

Phil Pattengale
54 TR2  - TS1440-LO {project #1}