re: TR4 Gear Box Rebuild : Churchhill Tools

To: tr <wdaehler@execpc.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: re: TR4 Gear Box Rebuild : Churchhill Tools
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 21:09:47 -0400
Will,
I stripped my transmission without the special tools.
I can outline the techniques for you if you want.

It is really not too bad getting the circlip off, and is is definitely
not worth the cost of the remover.  To install the circlip
all you need to do is start it, then slide it on using an
old bushing!  neat and easy.  You can also use an
old bushing (to get the mainshaft and middle bearing out too!

Save your money!

-Tony

Message text written by INTERNET:triumphs-owner@autox.team.net