RE: Broken TR3 Temp Gauge ?

To: "'Jeff A Williamson'" <Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Broken TR3 Temp Gauge ?
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 13:36:37 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Jeff - if it isn't registering at all then the cap tube is probably broken
somewhere.  Only options are:

1)      find a working gauge (since the tube is an integral part) --  GOOD
LUCK
2)      purchase new from somewhere (about $180 if you can find one)
3)      send yours off to be rebuilt (about $125-150)
4)      convert to an electric (early TR4) gauge - different type of sending
unit and different gauge with electrical connections in between. (cost me
about $40 for the setup)

I opted for #3 on my driver.

Later,
Carl F. Musson,

You can't tell which way the car went by just looking at the road...
TR3A's - TS25264L ('58 Almost Daily Driver)
& TS81802LO - ('61 Concours d'Wannabe)
Tampa, Florida (USA)