re: crashed car

To: "Roy" <techman@metrolink.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: re: crashed car
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 13:58:06 -0500
Message text written by "Roy"
>DO NOT HAVE TO ACCEPT ANY VALUE THEY OFFER -- negotiate until you are happy
>because THEY owe it to YOU!!!) This "total it" rule is why insurance
>companies prefer to total out a car rather than say they will repair it if
>they think the costs are going to run higher.<

Right!

However, if you and the insurance can not agree on a cost,then the lawyers
get involved.  That costs both sides, of course, but they have deeper pockets
and
can line up bigger talent (as OJ did, and wiped himself out, but avoided life
in jail).

Sometimes it might be cheaper to accept a bad deal than have to pay a big
fee to get somewhat more.  But, my brother is a lawyer.... hehehehehehe.....
heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheehe
MUAH HA HA HA!!!

But really, they OWE me my beautiful car.  Luckily the costs of repair
based on the estimate ought to make them happy.  The cost is LESS
than I expected.

-Tony