RE: horsepower

To: "'Fred Thomas'" <vafred@erols.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: horsepower
From: "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 13:37:56 -0500 charset="windows-1252"
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net
Not to be too much of a skeptic, but 18% seems rather high--  if you had a
100bhp motor to start with, would it really take  around 18 HP to run that
tiny little fan?  I took the Fan out of my 59 3A (as a consequence of
installing R & P steering) and did not notice any significant power gains.
A nice reduction in noise, however....   I would agree that the fan and hub
do not contribute to  any   (counter) balancing, although you would notice
it if they were bent or otherwise way out of line.         Your thoughts?
Bob W.