re:Subject: car insurance (US)

To: "sujitroy@hotmail.com" <sujitroy@hotmail.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: re:Subject: car insurance (US)
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 14:47:59 -0500
Message text written by INTERNET:triumphs-owner@autox.team.net
>From: "sujit roy" <sujitroy@hotmail.com>
>Subject: car insurance (US)

>Can anyone recommend a good classic car insurance company here in the US?
>Presently I have comprehensive insurance on my Stag with my regular car
>policy.  Does it make sense to have it fully covered?  My main concern is
>that if the car involved in an accident, will my insurance company repair
>the car or will they right it off?  I only drive around 2000 miles a year in
>it per year and am paying almost $450.
>
>Sujit
<

Sujit, you can get cheaper without much sacrifice.  I have Parish Insurance
and they sold me a classic car policy from Cigna.  I have an AGREED VALUE
type of policy.  They agree that they will pay a certain value in the event of
a total
loss.  I have all the other usual coverage.  I am limited to 3000 miles per
year.
This year I did around 1000 miles or so, so the 3k will not be a problem.
Also should not use it routinely for driving to work.  No other restriction
about use.
Off hand, the policy is about $240.  This is one tenth the cost of my regular
policies
in this crash and burn philadelphia area.

-Tony