* Track Your Triumph ?*

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: * Track Your Triumph ?*
From: "Brazinski, Wayne" <Wayne_Brazinski@compuware.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 10:54:23 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Not sure if this will be a duplicate (my first attempt did not show) but

Hi everyone,

I'm expecting to receive my BMHT certificate soon.  My Dad (who lives in
England) tells me that the certificate states the vehicle was sent to
"Midwest Triumph Distributors, Chicago, IL.  Needless to say Midwest is not
around.  Since I'm trying to build a nice history for my car (1960 TR3A, but
registered as 1963!!!) I was hoping to get some information above and beyond
the BMHT certificate.  Can anyone provide any pointers for the following?

1) How would I go about finding the old Midwest Triumph Site, or any records
they may have had?  I wonder if it became another dealer who *might* still
have records?

2) Are there any build records that are more in-depth than BMHT?  For
example - my cert says the car had Disc Wheels.  Does this mean Disc Brakes,
or solid wheels?  Mine now has spokes which I know was an option for North
America (Piggott)?  How do I know if it had the sidecurtains etc.?

3) Is it possible to approach the DMV for a list of all previous owners?

Sorry for the long post.  Hope you can help!

regards,

Wayne
Plainfield, Illinois