Re: * Track Your Triumph ?*

To: "Brazinski, Wayne" <Wayne_Brazinski@compuware.com>
Subject: Re: * Track Your Triumph ?*
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 11:01:02 -0500 ()
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Brazinski, Wayne wrote:

> ...I'm trying to build a nice history for my car (1960 TR3A, but
> registered as 1963!!!) I was hoping to get some information above and beyond
> the BMHT certificate.  Can anyone provide any pointers for the following?
>
> 1) How would I go about finding the old Midwest Triumph Site, or any records
> they may have had?  I wonder if it became another dealer who *might* still
> have records?

Midwest was a regional distributor, not a dealer. I don't know if they
might still exist in some form or other, but I suspect not.

> 2) Are there any build records that are more in-depth than BMHT?  For
> example - my cert says the car had Disc Wheels.  Does this mean Disc Brakes,
> or solid wheels?  Mine now has spokes which I know was an option for North
> America (Piggott)?  How do I know if it had the sidecurtains etc.?

BMIHT holds "the" factory records for Triumph automobiles, so what records
they use to produce the certificate you received are as comprehensive as
it gets. Yes, disc refers to the "solid" road wheel; all TR3As had front
disc brakes. And all would have had sidecurtains; the certificate would
tell what color they were, as I recall.

> 3) Is it possible to approach the DMV for a list of all previous owners?

It's possible but, if Illinois is anything like New York, they don't
maintain records anywhere near that old.

What is the commission number of your car (curious, as I have a couple of
1960 TR3As)?

--Andy