RE: Help with TR-6 Head Oil Leak

To: "John F. Browder" <jbrowder@usit.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Help with TR-6 Head Oil Leak
From: "Bob Hutton" <bob@calc.com.au>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 10:18:24 +1100charset="iso-8859-1"
John,

I have a similar leak in my 2500TC sedan. It is definitely coming from
between the head and the block. I proved this when I put a remote rocker
gear oiler on. The leak increased significantly, so much so that I believe
some has seeped between the gearbox adapter plate and the gearbox and
dropped down onto the clutch as the clutch developed a shudder after this
happened. The oil, in my case, is definitely NOT coming from the rocker
cover gasket. I suspect the head may be warped at the back and is letting
oil from the head feed hole seep out. Re-torquing the head did reduce it a
little. When I next take the head off I am going to have it skimmed, but
will also plug the oil feed hole in it and also in the block and reconnect
the remote feeder.

Regards,

Bob Hutton