RE: GT6+ Tailgate panel kit querie

To: "'Ken & Beth'" <bethken@erols.com>, Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: GT6+ Tailgate panel kit querie
From: Scott Decker <sdecker@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 21:14:42 -0500
Ken:

The vinyl sheet you got is what everyone gets.  There should be a wedge
shaped chunk of (metal?) underneath which covers the lock assembly.  Just
strip off the old vinyl and use some good cleaner and contact adhesive to
put the new sheet in and cut away the excess.  At least, that's how I did
it!  :-)

Interestingly, my side panel pieces (purchased from Vicky Brit) did not
have ANY drilled through holes, nor did the original pieces of mush I took
out.  They have a cutout on each side to fit into the metal retaining
bracket just below, and some holes in the fiberboard only that you are
supposed to attach some little metal clips to.  I couldn't find any of
those metal clips, and apparently neither could the PO, as my original ones
were just wedged in.

If anyone knows where to get the clips, I'd appreciate it.

Good luck, Ken!

Regards,

Scott Decker
Braselton (Road Atlanta), GA