Re: Fred Thomas' post on friendship

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Spitfires List" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fred Thomas' post on friendship
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 17:20:34 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Francois Demont" <francois@amicale.com>

On November 18, I wrote:

>competence to speak and write another language - in this
>case, French....

This is the reply I received from Francois Demont of Amicale
Spitfire

>I'm no longer member of the triumph lists (spitfires had my
preference) for only one reason : too many messages in a day
! In fact, the greatest worry is not to read these messages,
but to reply... I can't read a question without replying
when I know the answer ! And my English is not easy enough
for that. Also, the more you reply, the more others post
threads, to the list and in private... At the end, 50
messages a day is too much to manage. (And that's only for
the Triumph subject..)

Francois, if you go into Triumphs Digest, you'll receive the
same messages but in one 'lump' although a little delayed.

>For that reason, I've created "CyberSpit", the french
mailing list for Spitfires and Triumphs. Of course we are
not as numerous as on the team.net lists, but it's friendly
and it works. You can check the archive and the way to
subscribe on our web site ("Cyberspit") link.
>On the "links" page of our site, I also included a "triumph
mailing lists" section, with details on the the team.net
lists and our "Cyberspit" list.
>You may retain that anyone can post a message to
cyberspit@amicale.com , it will be received by french
speaking triumph lovers...
>Details at http://spitfire.amicale.com (bottom of homepage)
>Amicalement
>François
>(my email is now francois@amicale.com )

Francois has conveyed his view. French speakers are clearly
welcome to join the Amicale group. Having said that, I was
disheartened to receive a post from one of us on the English
speaking list whose identity should remain anonymous. My
only response to you, Sir - is that your bigoted insular
outlook and abject refusal to help any 'sonofabitch' who
can't speak YOUR language entirely negates the purpose of
this global marque facility. I think I would rather spend a
day with a terminally rabid dog than one minute in your
presence. I hope I never have the misfortune of meeting you
face to face.

Jonmac