Re: Fred Thomas' post on friendship

To: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>, TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Re: Fred Thomas' post on friendship
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 00:16:52 -0500
My turn to chime in (since I helped instigate this whole affair)

The purpose of this list is to share and disemminate information about
Triumph motor cars whether technical, logistical, or otherwise.  We happily
share information with folks who own and enjoy MG's.  We don't let
something like MG ownership get in the way.  We have even recently helped
out an admitted Porche enthusiast.  Any one who is interested in Triumph
motor cars is welcome here.  Language should not be a barrier.  If someone
posts a question in French I will grab my French-English dictionary and do
my best.  If the Question is in Spanish I will grab my Spanish-English
dictionary and stumble through that.  And if a questions comes in in
Afrikans I can get that translated!

I welcome all comers as long as they are sincere and willing to share and
learn.

Dave Massey

Message text written by "jonmac"

Francois has conveyed his view. French speakers are clearly
welcome to join the Amicale group. Having said that, I was
disheartened to receive a post from one of us on the English
speaking list whose identity should remain anonymous. My
only response to you, Sir - is that your bigoted insular
outlook and abject refusal to help any 'sonofabitch' who
can't speak YOUR language entirely negates the purpose of
this global marque facility. I think I would rather spend a
day with a terminally rabid dog than one minute in your
presence. I hope I never have the misfortune of meeting you
face to face.

Jonmac
<