Re: Fred Thomas' post on friendship

To: jonmac <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>, Spitfires List <Spitfires@autox.team.net>, Francois Demont <francois@amicale.com>
Subject: Re: Fred Thomas' post on friendship
From: Albert F Jones <fisher@hctc.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 18:29:25 -0600
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hello List,

        Perhaps I am in error, I often am, but what has Fred's message about
friendship to do with someone whose first language isn't English?  As
another Brit. living in the US I have to come see, from first hand, that
there are many differences between American and English.  Fred's poem was
about Friendship, not about barriers, be they language, culture, or even
bad manners.  I thought that Francois was saying that he left the Spitfire
list because there were too many messages for him to handle, especially in
a foreign language, ergo a time constraint, not an academic one.

        My own, very limited, abilities in the French language have always been
treated with great kindness and understanding, I could offer no less a
civility to others.

        I do not know to whom Jonmac is referring at the foot of his message,
but
I doubt very much if the gentlemany Mr. Fred Thomas would ever stoop to
such base statements, or expressisng sentiments which would purposely
offend his fellow man.

        I don't understand what DK wants his mind changed about, perhaps he will
tell me.  This is not meant to be a 'clever' remark, I really don't see the
connection.

Elizabeth Jones
Perplexed in Comfort.