RE: Looking at a '69 Spitfire

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: RE: Looking at a '69 Spitfire
From: iron_horse819@yahoo.com
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 11:02:39 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "'Craig D Niederst'" <cdn@andrew.cmu.edu>, spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
--- Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov> wrote:

> So far, it appears you've received much good advice. A couple of
> additional comments:
>
> > (5) Car imported from England when owner moved to USA (but it is left hand
> > drive??)
>
> I'd be just a bit curious about this. Obviously, anything is possible, and
> all might be just fine. <SNIP>
> --Andy

For what it's worth, My TR4A was also purchased in the UK and later brought to
the US ... and it has left-hand drive.  If I recall correctly, Jonmac stated
that you could purchase a 'Personal Export' vehicle with the specifications for
where you were going to be taking it to (correct me if I'm wrong!) and this
would account for this apparent discrepency ...

=====
Raymond L. Hatfield
'65 TR4A IRS
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Valley/5405