Re: TR6 Stuck clutch

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Stuck clutch
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 10:41:32 -0700
"Bromiel, James E (James)" wrote:

> I recently purchased a '74 TR6 with overdrive,  My problem is the clutch
> seems to be stuck. <snip>
> Is there a way to free it with out dropping the trans?

Mine stuck when the car sat for a year in storage.  You might try bumping the
starter with the car in gear & clutch pedal down to see if that frees it.
That didn't work on mine and I finally called the tech number at Moss for
advice, here's what they told me to do...

Raise the rear of the car with a jack, put the car in 1st gear, start the
engine, depress the the clutch pedal, rev up, have someone push you off the
jack.  Oh yeah, have a lot of clear road ahead of you when you try this.

I jacked on the rear cross tube and used a block of wood between the jack and
the car to make it easy for my wife to push it off the jack.  Make darn sure
that the car will clear the jack once it's pushed off it.  Make double-darn
sure you've selected a forward gear!

Anyway, it worked for me first try.  Pretty exciting, took a few months for
the rain to wash the "patch" off the driveway.

I assume no responsibilty for this stunt other than to say that it worked for
me.  Good luck.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A