Re: No LBC content, just a hypothetical e-mail question -

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No LBC content, just a hypothetical e-mail question -
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 13:52:21 -0500
> Barry Schwartz wrote:
>
> I am getting a little tired of the SPAM e- mail ads I'm getting recently
> and I usually delete them.

If you can arrange with your ISP to use an IMAP email client, you can
easily set up a filter that deposits all incoming mail from unknown
addresses into a separate folder.

You can then open that folder and scan the Subject & From lines, and
select all the likely-looking spams for deletion.  With IMAP, you don't
have to download the messages to delete them.
--
Douglas Frank  Compaq Computer Corp.
ZKO            110 Spit Brook Rd.          Quantum Mechanics: