Re: [Re: [TR6 crank extension bolt]]

To: Jim Davis <jh_davis@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [Re: [TR6 crank extension bolt]]
From: "Stéphane" St-Amant <stephanestamant@netscape.net>
Date: 23 Nov 99 08:33:58 EST
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hello again,

First lets verify that we have the same book.  Mine is:
Triumph TR5, 250 & 6 Owners Workshop Manual (by JH Haynes)
ISBN 0 900550 31 7
Printed in England (031 - 5D1) 1974-1978

(It contains both P.I. and Twin card setups)

In mine, the info is located in Chapter 1/Engine, page 19.
The bolt is listed under "Crankshaft pulley attachment".

(On page 24 you have a nice view of the engine components with the bolt (#114)
with the crankshaft extension (#113) and pulley (#111))

I'm quite new at this so you may want to verify.

Note: Somebody (I can't remember who and I deleted the e-mail) told you that
the bolt is 1 1/8 but here it is listed as 5/8 in UNF.  You may want to
check.

(BTW What does UNF means?  Have got a lot of this in the book as well as BSF,
NPSI, NF,UNC, TPI ???)

If you want, I can scan the pages tonight (once I'm back home) and send them
to you as an attachment so that you can check (I don't want you (or anybody
else) to break anything because I gave the wrong information!  Like I said,
I'm new at this!!!)

Let me know about the scans.
Hope this help

Stef
'71 TR6 CC59683 (Ready for a looooong Pit Stop!!!)

Jim Davis <jh_davis@mindspring.com> wrote:
Steph,
        Thanks much! I've a Haynes manual but couldn't find the spec. Where in
the world is it?
Jim