Re: [Re: [TR6 crank extension bolt]]

To: "Stéphane" St-Amant <stephanestamant@netscape.net>, TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Re: [Re: [TR6 crank extension bolt]]
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 12:07:21 -0500
Message text written by "Stéphane" St-Amant
>Note: Somebody (I can't remember who and I deleted the e-mail) told you
that
the bolt is 1 1/8 but here it is listed as 5/8 in UNF.  You may want to
check.
<

Steph,

The 5/8 refers to the diameter of the bolt (the part that goes in the
hole).  The UNF stands for unified national fine which is a bolt standard
use in the US and other places.  The other standard used in the US in UNC
(unified national coarse).  Among other things it specifies the thread
pitch.  For a 5/8 bolt the fine thread pitch is 18 threads per inch and the
coarse pitch is 11 tpi.

The 1 1/8 inch is the wrench size that fits the head of the bolt.

There are many other standard bolt and thread standards but when working on
a TR6 this is about all you need to know.  Except there are a few NPT
(National Pipe Thread) fittings for the oil pressure line and the drain
plugs.

Dave Massey