RE: Colortune

To: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Colortune
From: Gernot von Hoegen <avac@totalise.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 14:32:58 +0000
>===== Original Message From "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com> =====
>Anyone had any experience with using a colortune for carb adjustment?  I'm
>considering buying one, but have seen emails with pros and cons.  Any actual
>experience info would be appreciated.  I've previously just used the normal
>"lift the piston" method.  Is colortune easier and more accurate?
>
>Sorry if this is a repeat message.  I tried sending it yesterday, but I
>don't think it went.
>
>TIA
>
>Ken Waringa
>71 TR6
>74 Midget
IMHO the colourtune is more accurate, it lets you see differences in balance
as well. However, you probably want more than one so that you needn't take it
out every two seconds. its not neccessarily easier as a certain procedure hasd
to be followed as well. Well worth it if you have the dosh in the first place.

Cheers

  Sachverständige für das Kraftfahrzeugwesen
             Rütscher Str.22
               52072 Aachen
                 Germany
Tel. (0044) 0241/159406 Fax (0044) 0241/159972
        Mobil (0044) 0171/5283280
Website http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1048