Re: Colortune

To: kwaringa@dynsys.com
Subject: Re: Colortune
From: Jochen.Saal@t-online.de (Jochen Saal)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 00:07:03 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Ken,

The ColorTune method is a pretty simple and easy to use way to adjust the
mixture. I have two of them so I can tune both carbs at the same time.
The 'lift the piston method' is certainly cheaper and faster, but you need some
experience. I tried did it for several years until I got a ColorTune set at a
bargain so I bought it. When I check the mixture with them, I discovered a
slightly too lean mixture although I thought that the carbs are adjusted
correctly. But there is also an other advantage for the CTs, they tell how much
oil the cylinder burns.
Let me know if you like a copy of the manual that describes these methods.

Best regards,

Jochen Saal
Munich/Germany

'74 TR6 US spec (current waiting for the spring)