Re: Seat belts

To: David.Griffiths@veths.no
Subject: Re: Seat belts
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 10:24:21 -0500 ()
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On 26 Nov 1999 David.Griffiths@veths.no wrote:

> Dear Listers,
>
> What is the prevailing attitude to seat belts in TR3 cars. I want to be as
> safe as possible in my tr3 and intend to put in a full-harness belt, but
> have gotten a few negative comments about period looks etc. How do the
> clubs treat the presence of belts in these cars in competition, and can
> anyone recommend any belt brands that fit well with the appearance of the
> car?

The Vintage Triumph Register long has taken the position that seat belts,
whether "period" in appearance or not, should NOT detract in any way from
the car during Concours judging or at any other time. The safety factor of
properly installed belts far outweighes any aesthetic or originality
concerns.

--Andy