Re: Seat belts

To: <David.Griffiths@veths.no>, " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seat belts
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 99 08:48:37 -0800
>What is the prevailing attitude to seat belts in TR3 cars. I want to be as
>safe as possible in my tr3 and intend to put in a full-harness belt, but
>have gotten a few negative comments about period looks etc. How do the
>clubs treat the presence of belts in these cars in competition, and can
>anyone recommend any belt brands that fit well with the appearance of the
>car?

I don't know about prevailing, But I think a good lap belt beats flying
out of the car & getting run over by your own or another car.  I do not
think a full harness is a good idea in a roadster unless you have an
effective roll cage though.

My TR3A has Simpson seat belts.

TeriAnn
                      http://www.overlander.net

  The world's most complete set of links connecting Rover 4X4 owners
  with Rover parts, service, accessory & sales companies world wide.