Re: Curious...everybody's list of how to modernize...

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Curious...everybody's list of how to modernize...
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 08:33:04 -0700
TR3197@aol.com wrote:

> My only failure on trip to West Coat was to depend on 35 year old original
> pump, when I had rebuilt pump on the shelf. I was in the State of Washington
> when it gave away to leaking diaphragm.

Joe --

Thanks for mentioning this.  Part of the challenge in driving these cars is
guessing correctly what will be the next thing to fail and trying to have the
spare on hand.  As you know, it really takes only a small space to carry spares
for the critical components... I believe I shall add a fuel pump to the coil,
ignition parts & generator currently in that space.  Given the reliability (and
availability) of modern tires it would almost make sense to chuck the spare tire
and use the space in there for parts that would be unobtainable on the road.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A

"Those aren't spare parts... they're good luck charms"