Re: TR3A front suspension question

To: schneidr@mc.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A front suspension question
From: Tr3bob@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 09:08:30 EST
Hi Paul,
The cast arms you write about, are attached to the bottom side of the spring
pan with 6 bolts and hold the inner and outer trunnions together.
When driving aggressively over rough roads, all the loads are taken up by the
pan. If you think of the forces at the wheel as a lever arm trying to bend
the sheet metal pan in the center, it's not hard to visualize the arms
bending........there are tremendous forces at work here. Take a straight edge
to the pan, you'll see a bend there too.
I may have a straight arm that you can have.....let me know whether trailing
or leading....but most of them are bent.
Bob Stahlbush
66 MGB GHN3L 78708
60 TR3A TS81398L